Thursday, May 03, 2007

Texas Family - Firstborn Like Me?

Lots to mention in the latest issue of Texas Family Magazine.

The main feature story I wrote tackles birth order dynamics and how that affects children. It was interesting to research how this placement within the family can affect so many different personality traits. For example, firstborns often are achievers because they want the attention it brings, and they are often a little less relaxed than later kids. Being a firstborn myself, I'll have you know I vigorously pursue being laidback until I achieve it -- do I get a gold star? ;) It's a pretty interesting story - check out a copy.

I also wrote a story on helping kids create healthy friendships - emphasis healthy - and I wrote a small piece on cyber bullying, which takes bullying beyond the playground and school hallways to virtually everywhere.

No comments: