Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Statement at the Press Conference

We are joining with Crime Stoppers and others to help capture child predators who are on the run. Take a look at their website to see if you recognize any of these predators. I hear they have already caught the first fugitive as a result of this initiative!
Here is a video of my statement at the press conference, kicking off Child Abuse Prevention Month. All the local stations and most of the local outlets were there so I assume we got some good coverage. And, we are on about 50 billboards across Houston.
My statement is cut into two parts on YouTube. I start at about 8:50 into Part One and then am at the beginning of Part Two. In total, it's about four minutes. I encourage you to start with Part One.
Oh, and in case you can't figure it out, I'm the one in the red dress, standing next to the congressman. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your cause 100%.

Remember about this time last year.. your post on Monday, March 26, 2007 ?

Well, turns out that nice temple you visit on the way back from the barbeque is run by a groping guru. "04/25/2008 -- The founder of the Barsana Dham Center - a Hindu Temple in Hays County - was arrested on several counts of Indecency with a Child. Prakashanand Saraswati or Shree Swamiji"

Candidly Caroline said...

I heard about that. Not really sure what to make it about it yet.

But, for sure, the guys we are looking for through this campaign deserve to be caught and kept away from children.