Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Austin Sunshine Camp at Lake Travis

I was very excited to attend the dedication of the new McCombs Austin Sunshine Camp at Lake Travis. This camp is for the older kids, and it is on the lake (river) so the kids will be able to swim and canoe right outside their back door. They also have a great ropes course, with all sorts of activities designed to teach team-building, and even a zip line! I'm not sure I'd be willing to try that!

It will be a great camp, and how nice for them to get to enjoy the brand new “everythings!” I’m very excited for all the teens who will go through there!

(Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures, since the day of the dedication was also the day with the torrential thunderstorms. ;) That made for a particularly interesting ride for someone who tends to get carsick anyway!)

2 comments:

Sam said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice post! Thanks so much for sharing.

Candidly Caroline said...

Glad you are enjoying it! I appreciate you reading! :)