Thursday, July 06, 2006

No Journalism School Prep for This One

So I'm having lunch with a U.S. Congressman ...
I'm interviewing him for the paper and hearing him give a speech in a room full of commissioners and judges and the kind of people who have schools named after them. I stand up to take a picture of the Congressman receiving an award from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Big deal, right?
Well - and remember I'm barely back from my trip to Miami - I turn on my camera, which was inadvertently left on play mode instead of picture-taking mode, and up pops on the very visible-to-the-audience screen a picture of one of us girls from the bachelorette party dancing on a table!
I'm, like, "Oh My Gosh!" I'm standing there - laughing, in shock, and trying to get rid of the screen - while the Congressman is waiting on me to take the picture so he can stop posing and finish his speech.
Classic!
I guess I can say now that I have played a part in a Congressman officially being delayed by a woman dancing on a table. They don't train you in Journalism school for that one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I doubt anyone saw the pic though. They probably were wondering what you were blushing about.
If the congressan saw it, you'd probably be working for him now.

Candidly Caroline said...

Probably no one saw but a glimpse, but it was quite the jolt for me - from my "real" world back to the crazy life I led for a few days. ;)

El Jefe Maximo said...

I hate it when that happens...at the big to-do with the bigwigs, and the compromising pictures pop out. Gives a whole new meaning to "finger trouble." I'm sure the House Ethics Committee is pleased that the Fault Does Not Lie with the Congressman's Set.