Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Happy Hug a Writer Day!

How happy was I this morning to receive an e-card from a friend wishing me a "Happy Hug a Writer Day!" I didn't know there was a special day for us, but now I do, and it's one more reason to celebrate! Woo Hoo!
At Hug a Writer, they say the day is dedicated to all writers – especially those who toil in anonymity through weekends and nights. Today was selected because January 24th is Saint Francis de Sales Day. Saint Francis is the patron saint of writers, another good thing to know, particularly when I'm doing all that toiling.

Official Hug A Writer Day Drink - the Platonic Hug.*
Start with 1 cup of hot coffee. Add 3 Tbsp** Benedictine and Brandy (B&B, a liqueur). Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve. Embrace (the cup).
* Not all Hug A Writer Day hugs have to be chaste, but this one should satisfy St. Francis.

** More or less, depending on how long you have before the next deadline.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hugging myself right now ;)

They should make a new one: "Hug a blogger day"!

-Ellen

El Jefe Maximo said...

I hadn't heard of this one, but it's a good idea.

The "Platonic Hug" would definitely make the workplace somewhat more cheerful. . .although depending on the ingredients mix it also might well put the writer in too mellow a mood to get much work done.

Happy HaWD right back at you.