Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Touring Albuquerque on a Segway

Albuquerque was the main destination I visited recently, doing research for future articles. And, while I take my work very seriously, I guess it also could be said that I like to have a good time, in the theme of "whistle while you work" and all that. I definitely had a good time when I rode a Segway around downtown Albuquerque. It was a great way to get to know the area and to check out the famed Route 66.

If you've never ridden a Segway, chances are you would find it to be a lot of fun, although riding one is a little more physically involved than it looks. You use your core to balance back and forth, and you bend at the knees a lot to take on bumps. That being said, it's not hard to get the hang of it and feel confident. Before we knew it, we were feeling (over) confident enough to perform our version of Swan Lake for a set of onlookers. In retrospect, however, it perhaps was a little more like The Ugly Duckling ... ;)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!

El Jefe Maximo said...

The Segway looks like a BLAST, although I've always wondered how those things balance.

I have never been to that part of the world. I've heard of a famous bar there called the "Library" -- probably a place I'd like to hang out...is that it in background of pic No. 1 ?

Your audience in your last segway pic is a HOOT.

Candidly Caroline said...

Looks like it. You can read some of the titles if you click on the picture. Very funny. I remember laughing at them at the time.

Yeah, aren't they a hoot? We were having such a good time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast. I see the NYC Transit cops riding them in Penn Station.

Just out of curiousity, do you do weddings, bar mitzvahs or private parties?