Sunday, July 01, 2007

I'd Love to Be a Horrible Warning

I updated my "Hot Time in Acoma Pueblo - New Mexico" and "Up Bright and Early! My Hot Air Balloon Ride" posts within themselves to keep everything in one place. Please read more at each one.

And to leave you with an additional thought, I came across an awesome quote. It's another one of those I wish I had thought of first. I believe it belongs to writer Catherine Aird, whose work I don't know ... yet. "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

Of course, I'd shorten it to "If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning." Gives it more punch. Regardless, this definitely falls in line with my "When I grow up, I want to be ornery" theme. ; ) ... I'm thinking exasperating would be good, too.

4 comments:

El Jefe Maximo said...

Whoa...full stop there.

To be a "horrible warning" something awful often has to happen. You know, some yucko catastrophe of the "don't let this happen to YOU !" variety.

Far better indeed not to overdo it, to stick with your original theme of growing up to be ornery and exasperating. That way, you're pointing out the horrible warnings without it affecting your access to Jello, much less your enjoyment of same ;-)

Candidly Caroline said...

I'm thinking of a little more flamboyant, potentially imagined world than perhaps you are, Jefe. I think of Stephanie Plum in Janet Evanovich's stories, who has a tendency to have her car blown up when she is doing her I don't have a clue what I'm doing bounty hunting.
And, keep in mind this is coming from someone who's pretty much "good" all the time. This is sort of a reminder that if you're going to do something, you might as well do it boldy.

El Jefe Maximo said...

Hmmmm. You wouldn't have BELIEVED me back in the days before homeowner's insurance, married filing joint return, and family tax exemptions. Really, I've always been good, just don't put me under oath about it.

Candidly Caroline said...

Well, unfortunately - or fortunately - I've always been good, mostly.
But, I can always pretend ... :)