Saturday, November 26, 2005

Shake That Laffy Taffy

I have had a good Thanksgiving weekend so far. I went home to the big C.S. (College Station.)
Thanksgiving night my sister, my sister-in-law, my sister's friend, and I went to Yell Practice for the Aggies at Kyle Field. It was a lot of fun. On the way back home, we did the whole music-up-loud-with-the-windows-open thing. It made me flash back to when I was younger. I started wondering when the heck I grew up so much. ?? I don't ever "Shake That Laffy Taffy" anymore (... big sigh ...)
I watched the game, of course, between A&M and t.u. and wondered -yet again- why we always are underestimated. If you look at the wins historically, the Aggies and the Longhorns are equals. Just because we're re-building our team right now doesn't mean we can't play a good game of football! Anyway, the game got me really excited for next year. I can't wait for that!! :)

2 comments:

El Jefe Maximo said...

You are WAAAAAYYYYY too young not to be "shaking the Laffy Taffy" as often as possible. I don't get to very often, but I'm married to a lady who is not a big dancer. I look forward to parties where I can find people to dance with.

Why is it that Aggies have this thing about calling UT "t.u." ? My wife (also an Aggie) does that also. I generally like Aggies, even though I went to the place down the road in Austin.

If there is anything I know nothing whatever about, it is football, (just not a sports freak) but I watched snatches of the game this weekend with a bunch of football nuts all terrified the Aggies would win, and disappointed that the Horns only prevailed by 11 points. Go figure.

Ages ago, before marriage, during law school, went to College Station for bonfire with some friends. That was a total blast. Despite the accident a few years back, hope you Aggies don't let the lawyers and other Abominable No-men rob you of cool traditions like that.

Candidly Caroline said...

I was just thinking about bonfire! I really, really, really hope that they will bring it back. I don't care if it is only 20 feet tall - I just want a school-sponsored bonfire back!