Monday, May 01, 2006

Back from Gatlinburg, Tennessee!





I have just returned from an enchanting trip to the quaint Tennessee community of Gatlinburg, nestled along the edge of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

With a river running all the way through the town center, which is filled with families and couples wandering among all the different stores and attractions, it is such a sweet place to visit.

Just moments away from all of the hustle and bustle of downtown is a great escape, where one can find simplicity and natural beauty in this mountainous region known for the blue mist resting on its peaktops.


My own great escape included my accommodations, named "
Simple Pleasures." It was a cabin in the woods with two bedrooms, a pool table and - and - a hot tub on a covered porch overlooking the forest. I wish I'd had a little bit more time to enjoy it, but as you'll soon see ... my trip was quite action-filled!

3 comments:

El Jefe Maximo said...

You visited one of the most gorgeous place on Earth. I was born in northern Alabama, so I know the area well. I wouldn't give up Texas, but I still miss that whole area.

justcarl said...

Glad you had a good time, CC!

Josie said...

Beautiful pictures!