Thursday, October 25, 2007

Busy Bee

I think it's safe to say I've been a bit busy lately, as I've been finishing up my first issue of Texas Family Magazine. I have to say I think it is going to be really great. We have put a lot of work into it, and it will show.

I went down to Houston again to film a couple more segments for that television show. I still don't have clips from any of my segments, but I will eventually. When I have them, you'll get them.

While I was down in Houston, I visited the Children's Cancer Hospital at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center and interviewed kids who are being treated there. It definitely put my own problems in perspective when I sat down with these kids - kids who are dealing with things even adults would have difficulty handling. It was good, though, and I think when you read the story you will have a very good idea of what it is like for them. That was my goal, at least.

2 comments:

El Jefe Maximo said...

I don't know when you were here, but if it was the past couple of days, you had some splendid weather for your visit.

I was headed out the Tollroad that goes west this afternoon, and it was so splendid I wanted to keep going and leave Houston. I miss my country place on days like this one.

Television is very impressive. I wonder if you see yourself doing more with that, or writing ?

I know someone coping with MD Anderson type issues right now: not a child, thank God. I cannot imagine what that is like for a child.

Candidly Caroline said...

It's been beautiful here, too, although I've gotten spoiled wearing flip flops with everything, and now it's time for real shoes again. :P

Nah. It's writing for me. I mean, I don't mind doing some tv stuff, and I'm open to more, but writing is my calling, I think.

They're pretty strong. But very realistic. And scared.