Friday, March 03, 2006

Today is the Day!

Well, it finally is here. Tonight is the night for the Austin Under 40 Awards Gala!
I am so excited that my friend Erin is flying in from San Diego for this occasion - it is going to be a blast! I still don't know what I'm going to wear, but I think it's safe to say I've cornered the "little black dress" market.
The only thing is I am starting to get a little bit nervous because it seems there are a few people who think I have a chance at winning something tonight, and I don't want to let them down. But - I stand by my statement that I am really proud just to be a finalist because I AM really proud just to be a finalist.
The AU40 people said we all need to come up with a 30-second acceptance speech just in case, but I'm just going in looking forward to meeting lots of great people and having a nice time. Anything else is just syrup on the ice cream. (OK - bad example. Those go hand-in-hand in my world.) : )

3 comments:

Mischa said...

So when do we know? Don't keep us in suspense! Are you going to de-mask for the gala event?

justcarl said...

MMMMM. I'm the same way. Hershey's syrup on chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream....

I know you'll have a good time tonight. I won't even need to send positive thoughts, but I'll be doing it anyway. Can't help myself.

El Jefe Maximo said...

Good luck. Hope you have your speech ready...and you'll have to ditch that mask !