Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Aftermath of Shelter Work

I've been feeling really bad the past couple of days and haven't been able to go back to the shelter. While I was there, I kept putting this Germ-X stuff on my hands and arms constantly, but that may not have been enough. There wasn't a lot of actual physical contact, although I was given a few hugs, but I was in close proximity to people constantly. That first day when people had to wait all day to take a shower, I easily could have picked up some germs. They were so dirty and felt it. Many of them had walked in that river water up to their chests and then sat in the same clothes for days. Thank goodness that part of the crisis is over, and everyone now (here, at least) is clean and fed. Now it is time to move on to the next step.

No comments: