Thursday, September 22, 2005

My poor family! That traffic is no exaggeration!

I just heard that my aunt and uncle and cousins DIDN'T check in to a hotel last night. We figured they had since they never arrived in College Station last night. They left at 6 p.m. to evacuate from Lake Jackson, Texas, and it is normally about a three hour drive.
My uncle arrived at 7 a.m. this morning - 13 hours later! My aunt still has not arrived and was just now able to get through saying she couldn't drive any longer! After 18 hours straight, she couldn't make it any more. Now, my uncle is on his way to find her. The problem is that the phones are jammed up because of the hurricane activity so there is really no way to talk with any one. My uncle is just going to have to look for her along the side of the road! I can't believe this!
My other aunt and uncle and my cousin evacuated from Friendswood, Texas and have already made it safe and sound. Thank goodness!
I hear more family is on the way ...
It has to be so stressful for the people who are evacuating. Say some prayers for them!

No comments: