Monday, October 10, 2005

Randomettes

My Dad is in the middle of surgery right now so I am very nervous and will ramble about some random things.
~ I've decided to go organic for breakfast. I had been eating organic cereal before, but it was really expensive so I reverted. Now, I've decided that I want to eat one meal a day organic, and breakfast is the easiest way to do that since I have cereal every single morning. I bought my first organic milk yesterday, and it is so so good!

~ My roommate is back from Italy, and she didn't freak out when she saw her cat had a shaved butt. (Whew!) She brought me back a cute magnet with a whole bunch of kitties chilling in front of an Italian villa. I put it next to the other magnet she bought me a while back that has the words, "It's my cat's world. I merely open the cans." So true, so true.

~ I filed the CPS report on the girl with the black eye. I have no idea if anything will ever come of it or if anything will ever be required of me. Hopefully, though, I will never have to file another one.

~ Hurricane update: My aunt's in-laws in Port Arthur have three trees on their house that caused damage, but the house will not have to be demolished. It is a similar situation for my godmother in Orange. My old house is okay. One family friend will probably have to have her house demolished. All in all, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

~ My friend Erin will be coming in to see me from San Diego in about a month. I am very excited about that. I have been thinking about having a game night at my house, and I am trying to decide if I should have it the weekend she is here or if I should use the time so she and I can talk alone.
~
I did a homemade facial last night. I was really worried I was going to wake up this morning with a crazy looking face, but it's just a little red.
~
Speaking of red, I will be able to post some pictures from a party I went to last week, but my friend is trying to get the red eye out of them.
All for now ...

No comments: